Monday, December 6, 2010

The Hunt for the Perfect Christmas Tree

As is our family tradition, we went out this last Saturday to pick out the perfect tree.   We ventured into the snow filled forest to find that tree and had so much fun! And I am happy to report that there were NO broken bones at all this year!

 Because of all the snow that we have received lately most of the roads were closed so we drove as far as we could then Hiked for a while.  After Hiking through snow and up snow hills we found not one but three, yes three, trees.  We needed three since we had our good friends the Minor Family with us and we were also getting a tree for Jason's parents.

After finally arriving back to the trucks, we loaded the 3 trees into the back and after having some hot cocoa (another tradition of our) we headed for home before it got dark.  Slick mountain roads, snow, and the dark so do not go together. 

We had to make a potty stop at the gas station and Jason checked on the trees, he noticed that we were missing one.  The Minor Family left to see if they could find it since we had one in the rest room.  We followed shortly.  Unfortunately is was not recovered.  They found were it had fallen out but someone else had already picked it up.  BUMMER!  So we headed for home again.  Jason and Jeff went back up to get another tree the next day so all is good. 


In the car ready to go.


 





 This is where we stared our hike...gate across road means no access.

 We are still walking...

 Kaelen asking if we are almost there.  Not even close.


Taken' a rest
 Almost there...


 Tired kiddos...

 The next Hill over getting the trees.  I stayed with the younger kids.  I was tired of dragging them through the snow and breaking a trail that they could walk in.


 Deciding on a tree


 She was so tired she wanted to take a nap.



 Dragging the tree back to us.

 One of the only pictures I got of Taeler....She hiked up with her Dad to help pick out a tree.



 Starting the LONG walk back.

 Love this picture of Jaela and Jake.  She was helping him on the way back.

 Trees all loaded up in the back.

These next ones are just a few of the  pictures I took as we hiked along.




Next, we'll Put up the tree.  Hopefully we can get that done tonight for FHE. 

2 comments:

Jenny said...

Where did you guys go?? It looks like fun, although, I must admit I have no desire to do it. I like our fake tree. Merry Christmas!

Dawnyel said...

Wow! That looks like a LOT more work than me dragging out my old fakey. ;)
Bummer that someone stole your other tree...seriously, who does that? :P I guess they needed one pretty badly.
What fun pics! :)
(love the background...LOL)