Monday, November 3, 2008

Happy Halloween ... (just a little late)

Because I have been sick for the last week, I haven't felt like doing too much so these pictures area little late being put up.

Anyway we had a great time this year. For once it was actually a little warm. We didn't need any jackets until later that night. I know big surprise, we are usually wearing snowsuits and I'm not complaining about the good weather at all.

Because there was no school this year, I let the kids carve pumpkins in the afternoon (After I had put Jake down for a nap. I wasn't up to having to deal with him while I was trying to cute pumpkins by myself.) The kids thought that it was really cool. They loved de-gutting the pumpkins of the innards. Kaelen just dug right in. It was so cute.

This year we went to our ward's Trunk or Treat. That was a little disappointing, there were only like 10 or so families that showed up so we all let the kids go a couple of times and then we were all done. There was nothing else planned. what a bummer. So while we waited for Jason to get ho,e from work I took the kids to a couple of houses on our street (Most of our neighbors are not LDS so they were not at the church earlier). When he got home we grabbed jackets we knew we would need them later and headed off to his parents wards trunk or treat (Our old ward too). There the kids were able to do a little more candy getting. Afterwards we went to grandmas house (she wanted pics) then it was off the crazy Aunt Kathy's. Halloween would not be the same without a trip to Aunt Kathy's (The kids make a haul just going there!!)

Aunt Kathy made dinner this year and everyone was there having a good time. It was nice to see most of our nieces and nephews all in one spot made it a little easier for all the cousins to see what each other was.

Kaelen as super girl. She was so cute. Everyone loved her.
Jake as a skeleton. He had a cute mask but got scared and started screaming every time it came near so I didn't bother with it. He was still cute.




Jaela as Hannah Montana. This one surprised me, I wasn't expecting her to be Hannah. But what a cutie.


Ryan was a big Brain. This is the only pic I have of him He has decided that it is not cool to let Mom take pic of him. So I got this one when we forced him to get one for grandma. What a little stinker he is.


Taeler was our pirate this year. At first she wanted to be a vampire princess but since we couldn't find something with those exact word she was mad (even after I suggest a way to make one) and this is what we ended up with after many discussions




Kids taking out the pumpkin guts



Kaelen digging right in!!


One a side note this is a picture we took a couple of weeks ago when we were able to have a family day. Jason finally had a Saturday off so we took the kids for a drive. Of course Jason took his gun but unfortunately (!?) we didn't see anything, but we had a great time.

1 comment:

Aaron and Amanda said...

The Kids look great. The pumpkin carving looked like fun. Wish we could have been there to enjoy it with you. Hope to see you soon.