Holy cow! Where did the month of April go? We had a great one just didn't know where it went.
We started the month with Spring Break. Well what was supposed to be Spring Break, but alas we live in Idaho so that means SNOW. Yep, it was cold and snow most of the week. The kids had fun don't get me wrong they love to be outside no matter what kind of weather we are having but I was so ready for the sun, especially since we were teased a little the month before. The kids went out and built a snow family.
I also received a new calling. In December I was released from being Primary President. I was very upset and sad for a while, but I'm OK now and looking forward to my new callings. I was called as the WEBELOS leader as well as the Cub master for our ward. I don't know much about scouting but I am excited to learn. I have an awesome co-leader so I'm not worried.
In April, we also celebrated 2 Birthdays.
First, Ryan turned the big 1-0. That's right he made it to 10! He is such a great son and I love him so much. We have our moments with him and there are days that I don't think I can take anymore then we talked to other people and they tell us what a great kid he is and it makes me stop and remember, that yes he is ans he is still just a little boy trying to figure things out and learn WHO is is going to be. I have no doubt that he will accomplish great things. His teacher this year told us that he is one of her favorite students that she has ever had. She just loves his big heart and the fact that he is willing to do just about anything for anybody.
My Baby turned 4 at the end of this month. Jakeb is so fun to have around. He is such a hand full, never sets and is always on the go. I just love him. He still LOVES cars. at this point I don't think that he will ever grow out of it. When we are driving down the road he can tell me what kind of cars are out there. especially the mustangs and chargers. They must be his favorite! Everyday when we go pick up Kaelen from school we have to stop and look at the mustang that is parked there. Someone that works there or is there all the time like me must have one, and it is pretty cool. I can't wait to see what is in store for this little guy.
April also saw cheer leading tryouts. Taeler is going into Jr. High this next year and wanted to try out for cheerleader. She worked really hard but unfortunately she didn't make it. I am so proud of her regardless. She wanted something and she worked really hard and did her best. With that attitude it will get her far. That night after we found out she was understandably upset but a few hours later she had stopped crying and was smiling and was even able to tell her friends that did make the squad congrats. THAT made me the most proud. What an awesome daughter I have. She plans to try again next year and says that she is going to KICK SOME BUTT!
We can't forget Easter. We had a fantablous Easter weekend. We got together with our cousins and had an Easter Egg Hunt, dyed eggs and of course had candy. We also talked about the true meaning of Easter and what our Savior did for us. I am thankful for the choice that he made in dying for me and my many sins. He made it possible for my repentance so that I can live with my wonderful family for all eternity. I know He lives!
2 comments:
Love it! Your family is SO cute!
You'll have to tell Jason I love that last picture of him. It made me giggle. ;)
You guys are such a cute family. Ryan and Jason look so much alike. It was good to see you briefly, we miss you guys!
Post a Comment